Tailored to a unique curriculum that recognizes the importance of both the indoor and outdoor physical environment on childhood learning processes, the center offers multiple experiences for the children.
The design embraces the following:
- The Reggio Emilia Approach is an innovative and inspiring approach to early childhood education which values the child as strong, capable, and resilient rich with wonder and knowledge
- Natural sunlight through the use of recessed solar tubes, glazed walls, and clerestory windows
- Community via a gathering space on which classrooms focus
- Seamless experiences merging indoor space with outdoor space utilizing large garage-type doors
- Respect for the earth via an outdoor classroom that engages children in a wide variety of skills development
On the campus of a historic Atlanta synagogue, the center design also supports the teaching of the values of the Jewish faith to the youngest generation.